Welcome to my Weekly Roundup where on Saturday, I post links to things I shared on social media throughout the week that I thought were interesting. I’ll also include book news, cover reveals, and more goodies.
This week, I’m announcing some major changes with the newsletter and with the blog. These days, all of us are inundated with the numerous emails and newsletters that clog up our inbox, with more appearing all the time. I have had some people comment that a weekly newsletter is a bit too much and they’d prefer to receive mail from me only when I release a new book or have other book-related announcements.
I’ve taken your comments to heart and from this point forward, I will no longer send out a weekly newsletter. Instead, those of you who are subscribed will only hear from me about once a month or so, unless I have a new release or a book cover reveal to share. As for the Weekly Roundup, it will be returning back to the blog on Saturdays. That is to say, each Saturday I will share links to some of the interesting articles I came across during the week, as well as any book news.
Speaking of book news, I recently released the fifth book in my Ghost Oracle series entitled “Camping with a Ghost”. You can learn more about it HERE. After that, I’ve planed one more book in the series which you should hopefully see within the next few months.
But next up, I’ll be releasing a gay young adult contemporary novel the takes place at a hockey academy. Editing is coming along nicely.
So on to the roundup.
Some Things I Thought Were Worth Sharing
- Just for fun: Artist Made These 40 Hilariously Absurd Comics With Ridiculously Unexpected Twists. Also, this thought-provoking thread: ‘Workers Strike Back’: Times When People Realized That Modern Capitalism Is Starting To Look Ridiculous
- One of my favorite things to do on vacation is to buy books: Why used books make the best travel souvenirs. If you’re a sci-fi/fantasy fan, here are 37 New Sci-Fi and Fantasy Book Releasing April 2022.
- I’m looking forward to this as I love witchy stories: You Won’t Be Alone Horror Director Interview Goran Stolevski. I’m also intrigued by the release of this film, as I loved the book: Where The Crawdads Sing – Trailer. Lastly, I read the book (Dear Edward) and it was an excellent story so I’m looking forward to see what Apple does with it: Upcoming Apple TV show ‘Dear Edward’ adds 11 to its cast
- Book Lovers may enjoy this: Folks Online List 30 Books That Blew Their Minds And Changed Their Lives
- Compelling article about forgiveness in our modern society: Is there room for forgiveness in today’s “cancel culture” era? I also enjoyed this opinion piece about our changing times: What You’re Feeling Isn’t A Vibe Shift. It’s Permanent Change.
- “A novel is also a thing you make, like any other craft, by doing it wrong a bunch of times first.”: Telling the Story of (the Real) Greenwich Village
- Article about How to Turn Casual Connections into Close Friendships
- Jamie Todd Rubin answers the question: What It Means to Read a Book
- For my writer friends: Everything You Need to Know about Your Author Website
- Hmm..I didn’t know this was a thing: Winchesters Casting: Supernatural The CW Prequel Casts Parents
- Are Matt Bomer and Bradley Cooper about to become a couple? Onscreen, that is.
- Interesting reading: Are we doomed? Why we keep turning to social media for the answer — and ways to cope – Doomsday, probability of nuclear war, and WWIII: A guide to surviving the online apocalypse
- Writing Lessons from Author-Seductress Extraordinaire Catherine Tramell
- For the aspiring photographer: 10 Best Photography Books You Should Read in 2022
- Want your book to be a movie? ‘The Last Duel’ author tells how his book got optioned for film (opinion)
Oh, and in case you missed it, Instagram’s chronological feed is back — but it’s not on by default.