Welcome to my Weekly Roundup where each Saturday, I post links to things I shared on social media throughout the week that I thought were interesting. I’ll also include book news, cover reveals, and more goodies.
So on to the roundup.
Weekly Round-Up – 15 Things I Thought Were Worth Sharing
- I’ve always been a fan of this show. Article: 5 really queer reasons we love ‘American Horror Stories’
- Some things to contemplate: 40 Hard Things You Need to Hear
- How photography allows us to bring back our dead and prove that we’re alive: Startlement and Stillness: David Searcy on Photography
- Do any of these resonate with you? “Stuff 38 Folks In This Online Group Would Do Differently If They Had Their Current Knowledge When They Were 15 Years Old”
- To brighten up your day: If You’re Feeling Down, This Wholesome Facebook Group Has Your Back (97 Pics Heartwarming pics)
- 1455 Literary Arts Summer Festival celebrates queer work
- Shutterstock has partnered with It Gets Better to challenge LGBTQ+ visual stereotypes and push for better representation of the LGBTQ+ community. What follows is one woman’s essay on why that matters: It Gets Better Collaboration: The Importance of LGBTQ+ Representation
- Privacy Watch. How Fear of Government Surveillance Influences Our Behavior
- If you want to get the most out of your phone’s video capturing capabilities, watch these tips.: 10 Tips for Shooting Better Videos With Your Smartphone
- People share examples of incorrect stereotypes about Religion, Race, Sexuality, Etc.
- If you like suspenseful movies: 10 best thrillers on Amazon Prime to wreck your nerves
- Racist trolls attacked England’s soccer team. Fans fought back.
- “Fun Facts” that aren’t true: 43 Annoying ‘Facts’ People Have To Finally Stop Believing In
- A new kind of Windows: Microsoft is bringing Windows to a web browser, and it will work on iPad and the Mac
- Respecting a Nonbinary Youth’s Name and Pronouns Can Be Life-Saving
Oh, and in case you missed it: Article: “People Are Sharing The Unwritten Rules Of Life And I Never Thought Of These, But I Agree”