Welcome to my Weekly Roundup where on Saturday, I post links to things I shared on social media throughout the week that I thought were interesting. I’ll also include book news, cover reveals, and more goodies.
Not a lot of news on the writing front this week as I took a wee vacation to visit family in North Carolina. We spent a good amount of time in Asheville and I must say that I absolutely fell in love with the city! It had a bustling downtown, a super-fun arts district and amazing dining. I’m already looking forward to when I can return.
This week, it’s back to work on editing my hockey novel. I also hope to get some new words written on my Magician novel (more on that in future posts.)
In case you missed it, I recently released my werewolf book, “Norian’s Gamble for wide publication and it is now available at your favorite online publishers (NOT just at Amazon): Apple Books, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Scribd, Amazon, etc. You can purchase the book using the following universal link: https://books2read.com/u/bQPxNv or do a search for ‘Norian’s Gamble’ at your favorite online bookstore. It is still available in paperback format from Amazon.
So on to the roundup.
Some Things I Thought Were Worth Sharing
- For folks who like shorter books, here are 20 of the Best Books Under 200 Pages
- Interesting article about Amazon: The Amazonification of the American workforce
- Chris Guillebeau talks about depending on yourself: Learn to Depend on Yourself
- For my writer friends: How to Write About the People in Your Life. Also, here are some Funny Grammar Puns That Might Be Interesting Not Only To English Teachers. There was also this article: How to Fictionalize New Technology Even As It’s Constantly Changing.
- Thought-provoking conversation on violence and agency: When Are Men Dangerous? On Agency, Imagination, and What a Teacher Can Do
- Article on Shelf-promotion: The art of furnishing rooms with books you haven’t read
- I enjoyed this article on Positive solution-focused media: We Need More Solution-Focused Media. Some folks may also find this helpful: How to handle a lopsided friendship
- Interesting article about our workforce: Work is broken. Can we fix it?
- An author was set to read his unicorn book to students. The school forbade it: “I never in a million years thought I’d have to defend this book.”
- For aspiring Sci-Fi writers: What Makes Great Sci-Fi Writing?. Also, here are some Book Writing Strategies: 10 Book Writing Tactics that End in Failure.
- Just for fun (and major cringe) — “Corporate Cringe”: 30 Of The Best Workplace Memes And Posts Shared By This Dedicated Instagram Page
- Thoughtful article about the future of work: What if the future of work is exactly the same?
- Brokeback Mountain fans may find this of interest: Jake Gyllenhaal Reflects on His Relationship With Heath Ledger. Also, Netflix ‘Heartstopper’ review: Alice Oseman does her queer teen webcomic a sweet service.
- Just for fun: Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards Launch New 2022 Season With 10 Never-Before-Seen Pics From 2021
- Looking for a fun movie to watch? Here are Some Of The Best Movie Plot Twist Endings.
Oh, and in case you missed it, watch Harry Styles Sing New Song “Boyfriends”
A Touch of Cedar — A ghost in the present….a murder in the past…a time-traveling adventure: Marek puts on an old suit he finds in the attic & is transported back to the year 1870 where he has to solve a 150-year-old murder.