Happy Fourth of July to my American friends! Hope everyone has a fantastic and safe holiday.
I just finished the first (crappy) draft of the fifth book in the Ghost Oracle series. I finished it early in the week but decided to take a break so when I do get back to it, it will be with fresh-ish eyes. Hopefully next week. Then, the laborious editing process will begin. Truth be told, I really don’t mind editing – I find it rather fun.
So on to the roundup.
Weekly Round-Up – 15 Things I Thought Were Worth Sharing
- I love this author so I was excited to stumble across this article: Taylor Jenkins Reid shares the techniques that help her write.
- Just for fun: People Are Sharing Priceless “Not My Job” Moments Caught In Pictures And Here Are 85 Of The Laziest Ones
- So the moral here, is NEVER Google when you’re on the jury: Juror Hit With ‘Extreme’ Fine After Googling Suspected White Supremacist Badge on ICE Officer’s Uniform
- Article: The pandemic has made small talk even more painful. The social amnesia of forgetting how to read people’s faces and gauge conversations is very, very real.
- I tend to agree: Conspiracy theories are a mental health crisis
- For the privacy conscious: The 5 most essential privacy tools of 2021 (so far, anyway)
- The Robocall Nightmare May Soon Be Over: Major phone companies and other voice providers have only a matter of days to implement a new caller ID verification system designed to rid Americans of that dreaded auditory plague, the robocall.
- If you’re a bird watcher, you’ll love this: New Shazam for Birds Will Identify That Chirping for You
- Just for fun: 148 Times People Missed The Joke So Bad, They Embarrassed Themselves (New Pics)
- Head of Instagram says Instagram is no longer a photo sharing app
- Why ‘Openly Gay’ Is an Offensive Term – Richie Jackson
- I’m a huge fan of her work: A look at why Frida Kahlo’s work has enduring and increasing popularity: Frida Gets Personal
- Five stories on celebrating Pride Month through photography
- If You Changed Your Whole Identity During the Pandemic, You’re Not Alone – From coming out as queer to shedding life-long beliefs, many young people found space to figure out their true selves.
- For anime fans: Roundup of the Best Queer Anime (according to Den of Geek)
Oh, and in case you missed it: Watch a police officer admit to playing Taylor Swift to keep a video off YouTube