Typically, my weekly newsletter is only available to newsletter subscribers. But this week, I decided to post it to my blog as well, to give people an idea of what it contains and to see if they might be interested in subscribing. The entire contents of the newsletter are below.
To everyone new here to the list: Welcome to my newsletter! In the newsletter, I’ll share a link to some of the things I shared on social media that I thought were interesting. I’ll also include book news, cover reveals, and more goodies.
I have some exciting news this week: the fifth book in my Ghost Oracle series is now available at your favorite online retailerIt’s entitled “Camping with a Ghost” and here is the blurb:
Nick is out camping with his friends, and the last thing he expected was to encounter the ghost of someone he knows from school. After the trip, the spirit continues to appear to Nick, leaving him no choice but to investigate his classmate’s disappearance and attempt to discover what happened to him.
As he zeros in on the mystery surrounding his missing classmate, Nick uncovers several secrets surrounding the ghost’s demise, which attracts some unwanted attention from the murderer. As Nick gets closer to uncovering the truth—and finding his dead classmate’s body—the threats become increasingly more severe, and Nick soon finds himself in a deadly situation.
Meanwhile, the Shadow Demon has upped its game, and Nick has another encounter with the creature. This time, the demon has made its intentions clear to Nick, which means Nick must do everything in his power to not only protect himself and his boyfriend Gabe but his family as well.
This was such a fun book to write! The last and final book in the series will be forthcoming. If you haven’t read the other books in the series, you can check them out at my website here:
If you enjoyed this newsletter, feel free to share it with your friends, and family. I would really appreciate it.
Okay, enough book chat. On to this week’s roundup!
Weekly Round-Up – Some Things I Thought Were Worth Sharing
- I love time travel stories so I may have to watch this: ‘The Adam Project’ review: A flashy time travel adventure with an all-star cast I also haven’t heard of this animated time travel series before – will definitely have to check it out as well – Undone: Season 2, Prime Video This April
- For my writer friends: Short Story Tips: 3 Successful Strategies to Write a Short Story. There’s also this: If You Want to Write a Novel, Start with a Plan: Stephanie Gangi on Writing Her Debut in Her Late 50s
- I stumbled across this article by Chris Guillebeau entitled “36 Ways to Live Differently” Lot’s of great wisdom here.
- Right now books are in danger – one can go a step further and say that imagination and ideas are in danger: The Power—and Necessity—of Reading Dangerously. Speaking of danger, here’s an article entitled, Why Stories Are Dangerous — And Why We Need Them Anyway. You might also be interested in this article about book banning: Brad Meltzer on how a community fought a school book ban in Pennsylvania and won: My book was banned. Here’s how we fought back
- Eye Candy – some of these are amazing! The Winners of Sony World Photography Awards for 2022. Oh, and let’s not forget about The Winners of the 11th Annual Mobile Photography Awards
- Well this sucks: HBO hit with class action lawsuit for allegedly sharing subscriber data with Facebook.
- Here are 10 women photographers and organizations that use their art to raise awareness and make a difference where they can.
- How a viral tweet turned into a queer coming-of-age graphic novel. Also, three authors recently targeted by the religious right and Republicans spoke out about being at the center of controversy: LGBTQ authors of banned books speak out on why their stories matter.
- Crime writers talking writing routines, research, putting in the work, and keeping caffeine levels: David Heska Wanbli Weiden Takes His Craft Seriously and His Coffee Very Strong
- Privacy Watch: 5 Easy Ways to Improve Privacy on Your iPhone Right Now
- Some writing tips: How to Pitch a Story: 10 Killer Pitch Tips. There’s also this article which some writers may find helpful: Don’t Overthink It: The Argument For Just Starting to Write. And if you suffer from self-doubt, then this may help: Dealing With Self-Doubt And Writer’s Block With Dharma Kelleher.
- Just for fun (and cuteness) 20 Photos Of Pets Proving That Nature Has A Great Sense Of Humor. And if you’re looking for something funny to read, here’s a breakdown of The Best Comedy Books of 2022 (So Far).
- Interesting article about the internet’s relentless deluge of images: The Empire of the Archive: On the Relentless Contemporary Deluge of Images
- A new series of Dr. Seuss-inspired books will feature diverse authors and illustrators.
- The Books Will Keep You Warm – A celebration of small-town libraries and retro mysteries.
Oh, and in case you missed it, Ernest Shackleton’s Ship Found After 106 Years
Leave a Reply